Tuesday, July 28, 2015

miraculous anniversary



Today is my sixteenth wedding anniversary.  I will save you the suspense...my husband is the father of my children and he is the young man I fell in love with at the tender age of sixteen.  This coming September marks twenty years that we have been together.

There isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank the Lord above for the blessings he has bestowed upon us.  While it hasn't been an easy road, it has been well worth it.  In fact, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

This path we are on is the road less traveled.  It is not very often that you hear about couples being married as long as us this day in age.  Especially if they started out the way that we did.  With God, all things are possible.  If you do a little bit of investigating you'll find that divorce in the United States has been on a steady rise for the past hundred years or so.  I found some interesting statistics here.

Whatever walk of life you may currently be in, I am here to tell you,  I have gone through the ups and downs of marriage and only one person has remained completely constant...Jesus.  Sure, I have been blessed with a remarkable husband, but he is human.  I am human.  Both of us are far from perfect and we have both made our fair share of mistakes.  I am certain that if we hadn't surrendered our lives to Jesus that we wouldn't have made it this far.

Some of you may be scratching your heads in disbelief.  Maybe it was luck, or a fluke, or maybe I was fortunate enough to find that one in a million.  Part of the reason I started this blog in the first place was to be able to share about the various storms in my life and show you that nothing in my life was by luck or chance.  There is someone out there meant for you and as you read...my prayer is you'll believe that there is a beautiful plan for your life too.

Thank you for reading!
Natalie




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment